To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Pender County Library public meeting rooms are unavailable for public use until further notice.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
The Library meeting room is available free for the use by citizens and community groups for public meetings, and by businesses for employee meetings for educational purposes only. The library shall not discriminate in providing space on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, national origin, or handicapping condition. Use of the facilities in no way constitutes an endorsement by the Library of any group’s activities or beliefs. All advertisements for events must clearly indicate the identity of the sponsoring organization, and in no way imply the event is sponsored by the library.
1. FINANCIAL RESTRICTIONS. All events must be generally free with the following exceptions: Donations or registration fees approved by library director, for events sponsored by a non-profit group for classes, workshops, discussion groups, or forums. Any other income generated by an event must be donated to the library or Friends of the Library in part or whole as negotiated with the library director. The rooms are not to be used by any business or profit-making organization for the promotion or sale of products or services immediately or at a later time.
2. FOOD/DRINKS: Food is not allowed. Beverages are permitted as long as they are in bottles or cups with lids. The person(s) booking the room and/or signing for the key, if issued, will be liable for cleaning costs for carpets soiled by food or drink spills. No smoking is allowed in the building.
3. RESERVATIONS. All bookings are on a first-come basis. No more than three (3) dates may be on the calendar reserved for any one group at a time. No standing reservations may be made (for example, every 2nd Tues.). Only approved government affiliates may be allowed standing reservations under certain conditions.
4. ROOM ARRANGEMENTS. Users of the room are responsible for arranging seating and tables for their own use. We suggest you arrive early and rearrange seating to meet your needs. The library only offers overhead and slide projectors for loan.
5. ROOM MAY BE USED AFTER LIBRARY IS CLOSED but the key must be checked out in advance. PERSON PICKING UP KEY MUST HAVE A LIBRARY CARD OR PICTURE ID. At the conclusion of use, the meeting room and rest rooms should be checked to see that no one is inside. Lights in the room must be turned off and the building locked securely. Abuse of these privileges may result in suspension of use of the room by the individual and/or sponsoring organization.
Requests for exceptions, or further interpretation for circumstances not clearly addressed herein, will be referred to the library director who has the authority to make allowances if warranted. The library board is the final authority in any dispute regarding these policies that cannot be negotiated by the library director.